Friday, April 26, 2013

Review: The Underground Witch by Debbie Dee

The Underground Witch (Incenaga Trilogy, #2)Title: The Underground Witch
Author: Debbie Dee
Release Date: 2nd May 2013
Publisher: Dolce Books
Find on: Amazon, Goodreads

Quick Review:
As the last of the Incenaga Witches, Emmeline has been tortured and forced to use her power to kill. But unlike the Incenagas before her, she has survived. With her freedom restored, she should feel safe, invincible even. After all, she has the protection of Prince Erick’s army and a power strong enough to obliterate any enemy. Yet Emmeline lives in fear for the next person who will try to control her, and no one can seem to find the tyrant threatening to claim her.

Until it’s too late.

With everything on the line, and the enemy at her throat, will Emmeline be able to use her power like never before? Even if it kills her?

In The Underground Witch, the second novel of the Incenaga Trilogy, Debbie Dee delivers enough adventure, heartbreak, and suspense to captivate readers at every turn.


Detailed Review: <ARC received by the author>

If you don't want to miss out on the first book of the Incenaga trilogy, you can find a review of The Last Witch here.

I don't know what to say. I seriously don't know. It's too much for me. But I can't just stop, right?


That's how good the book is, if it leaves me with nothing to say except for this,


AWESOME.


But of course I must still give you some hints on the story. 

Emmeline and Erick are happy. They are about to have a wedding and they can't wait. That remains. until they receive a letter from a messenger. It is from Volarcus, a city who claims to have assembled a large army to rival Dolmerti's strong one. And they want one thing, or person.

Emmeline. 

If she doesn't go with them, the whole of Dolmerti could possibly die because of her selfishness to stay. She is cast in a dilemma. 

Meanwhile, from a strange kingdom, Griet, the King and twenty soldiers, including his deadliest assassin, Demyan and an unknown Dolmertian have travelled the sea to claim his prize. Once again, I must say her name.

Emmeline.

He wishes to use her to expand his kingdom. And he is the one who sent the letter. This is the truth:

THERE IS NO LARGE ARMY. THEY ARE NOT FROM VOLARCUS. AND EMMELINE IS IN HUGE DANGER.

When Emmeline comes to face with the King, Tiergan, she finds her courage and determination tested to her limit. Her love for Erick made her leave.

I felt like crying when I read that.

She is tortured, beaten, humiliated but she survives. In Griet, she discovers a secret about the Incenagas which affects her in every way. 

SHE IS NOT THE LAST INCENAGA TO BE ALIVE. EVERYTHING SHE THINKS SHE KNOWS ABOUT HER KIND NO LONGER EXISTS. HER POWERS ARE PUSHED TO THE LIMIT AS FINDS A WAY TO STOP TIERGAN FROM CONTROLLING HER.

There is Orinda, the first Incenaga to come into being and there is Flora, Emmeline's grandmother.

And there's a cute little boy called O'fin. He's not a witch. I just thought he was really brave for a nine-year old. I loved him. 

I am not telling the whole story here, there are more complicated things in it. And you should really read it for yourself. I can't just give everything away.

And I'll just end with this:

Still the best witch's trilogy ever! And Emmeline is the best heroine EVER! I mean it!!!!

Brief Review: Wow. Wow. Wow. WOW. I'm sorry but that's the only thing I can say when I think of this book. Great job, Debbie. Seriously. I am too stunned to think of anything else to say. But if you read the book, you'll really wish you were more like Emmeline. She's the best heroine ever!!!! And can I just say that the cover once again makes me drool? Now I'm talking...

Final Rating: 5/5 'Totally Amazing!'











QUOTE:


Because of Emmeline's courage and determination, I dedicate this quote to the book, and on behalf of her, to you:

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” 
― Lao Tzu


Your Reviewer:






No comments:

Post a Comment