Friday, October 26, 2012

TGIF - Feature and Follow Friday #120

FEATURE & FOLLOW FRIDAY is a blog hop that is designed to provide as much exposure towards other bloggers as well as yourself, and to expand following. It's hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, each whom feature a chosen blog for a week, it's also an interesting way to get to know one another bloggers.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: 
What writing device or trick most irritates you when you read a book? For example, if an author employs an omnipotent narrator that is sometimes considered a bad form. 

Annoying characters. That's one of things I hate about some of the books I've read so far. You get heroes or heroines that are deeply frustrating and always in need of help even though they're the main protagonist of the story! Well I'm not pointing fingers or anything, but some books are really obvious... 

20 comments:

  1. Yeah! that sure is annoying!

    Check out MY FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree. You can't really enjoy a book if the protagonist spends 90% of the time whining.

    New follower.

    My FF

    Myra @ Pieces of Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We'll be following you GFC!

      Delete
  3. Haha, I'm going to take a guess at which books you mean... =P But yes, that's definitely true. It's hard to enjoy the book if the person narrating it is a pain!
    New follower via GFC.
    Rinn (My FF)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great and yeah, I seem to be running into a lot of annoying characters recently but I still read on! We'll be following you back :)

      Delete
  4. Haha, yeah, gotta hate that. Soem characters are so whiney..

    New follower

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No prob, we'll be following back through GFC! :)

      Delete
  5. Definitely agree! New follower via GFC :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL. Hmm. Who could you be talking about. J/K. I agree! I like my MCs to have at least some confidence, resourcefulness, etc. Great answer. New follower here via GFC. My FFs are at Musings on Fantasia and LKHill. Happy Friday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see what you did there :') and i totally agree, some heroines are so mardy!

    New Follower via GFC :)

    My FF Post :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually just stopped reading a book today because I couldn't stand the heroine! So annoying at times.

    http://mydailyobsessionreview.blogspot.com/2012/10/feature-and-follow-3.html

    New Follower GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh I get annoyed as well when the MC has no guts, is always the damsel in distress and would probably die if left alone because she's that insufficient...

    New Follower via RSS! :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! We'll be following back through GFC too!

      Delete
  10. I can totally relate to this!

    Here is my FF post.
    Lauren @ Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete