Saturday, September 8, 2012

Review: Incarceron by Catherine Fisher

Title: Incarceron
Author: Catherine Fisher
Publisher: Firebird
Release Date: February 28th 2011 (first published May 3rd 2007)
Find on: Amazon, Goodreads

Quick Review: Incarceron is a prison so vast that it contains not only cells and corridors, but metal forests, dilapidated cities, and wilderness. It has been sealed for centuries, and only one man has ever escaped. Finn has always been a prisoner here. Although he has no memory of his childhood, he is sure he came from Outside. His link to the Outside, his chance to break free, is Claudia, the warden's daughter, herself determined to escape an arranged marriage. They are up against impossible odds, but one thing looms above all: Incarceron itself is alive . . .

Detailed Review: To mention this, this book has won many literary awards and I could see why after I read this book.

First of all, that cover. The key of Sapphique. When I saw that cover, I just wanted to read it straight away but unfortunately I couldn't lunge straight to it as I still had work to do. But when I did read it, I knew I'd made the right choice. 

  The book tells the story of how Incarceron was made, how it wasn't meant to be just a prison but a civilized 'world' where they didn't need to depend on the Outside. And only one man has ever escaped from it: Sapphique. But, slowly the place started to deteriorate until what we have now, until it has become the place that Finn now lives in.

   Claudia, the Warden's daughter is about to me married of to a prince that she doesn't love and doesn't even like. She finds the key of  Incarceron in her father the Warden's study when she got curious and unexpectedly met Finn through the key, which Finn also has in Incarceron.

   Although Finn was told by everyone, including his oath brother Keiro that he was cell-born, he held on to the hope that he actually came from Outside and someone was looking for him.

   Slowly, both of them got to know each other through the key and Claudia is convinced that Finn is the prince charming which she'd known when she was ten years old and was supposed to marry Finn.

   As Claudia desperately tries to think of a way to get into the prison, which she does.

   When both Finn and Claudia meet, they are plunged into an adventure that none has ever experienced: because of one thing: 

   Incarceron is alive.

   *The rest you'll have to read for yourself.

   Just because of that one fact I fell in love with the book. The idea of a live prison got me thrilled and I just loved Catherine Fisher's way of writing. The way each word were phrased gave me a sense of being in the book.

Brief review: My heart exploded after I read this book! Anyone who reads this book must love it! If not... you'll find a death note stuck on your door the next morning after you read this. I have my ways.

 My rating: 5/5 'Totally Amazing'











Your reviewer:




No comments:

Post a Comment